I consult with professionals (psychotherapists, health professionals, mindfulness teachers, yoga instructors, school teachers, bodyworkers, massage therapists) who want to work more compassionately and effectively with food and weight issues.
I also offer trainings and presentations at worksites, staff meetings, supervision groups.
Presentation topics include but are not limited to:
- what drives compulsive/binge eating? how does it develop?
- using the DOABLES as an alternative to Motivational Interviewing
- common co-occurring disorders, and how to effectively treat both the eating/weight issue and the co-occurring issues
- sugar addiction/sugar sensitivity
- food addiction (which is distinct from sugar sensitivity)
- shame and body image
- common family dynamics in the etiology of and maintenance of a food/weight issue
Fees: Consultation and training fees vary according to the situation. Contact Anya for more info.